- 200g Porridge oats ( I like the jumbo large ones, but sometimes ill do half jumbo half rolled oats. Whatever you prefer!).
- 200g Quinoa Flakes (Optional)
- 250g mixed nuts such as almonds, pistachios, pecans, brazil or macadamias. Finely chopped!
- 65g Pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp of fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 100ml Melted coconut oil
- 230ml unsweetened apple juice (sometimes I will add a couple tablespoons of honey in place of apple juice)
- 1 Large egg white
- 25g desicated coconut
- 125g mixed dried fruit of choice, chopped (Optional).
Preheat oven to 150 °C or Gas mark 2.
Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
In a large bowl, add the oats, quinoa flakes (if using), nuts, seeds, cinnamon, coconut oil and apple juice (or honey). Mix them all together well!
Whisk the egg white until frothy and stir into the mixture.
Spread out on to the prepared baking tray and bake for 15 mins, then mix in the coconut.
Bake for a further 15- 20 mins (you might like your granola more toasted, I know I do!)
Leave to cool on the tray before adding your chopped dried fruit if using!
Store in an air tight container!